CLAN ARC
Arc has moved to www.clan-arc.boards.net . Please join us there to continue as a member of the Arc community .
December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Moving boards
28/6/2018, 13:45 by Chaz C

» Last post wins!
25/6/2018, 11:27 by MCE 81

» You might be interested to learn....
22/6/2018, 13:24 by Keltic

» I've been thinking...
22/6/2018, 10:30 by heavytread

» Moving forward with ARC
22/6/2018, 10:26 by heavytread

» new, old toy
21/6/2018, 20:21 by AK5 81

» New board for VR gaming fans.
20/6/2018, 21:33 by TattasticGamerVR

» The future of ARC
20/6/2018, 15:20 by jazlite

» Little gaming goals you set yourself
20/6/2018, 07:45 by Keltic

» Some gaming plans
18/6/2018, 15:50 by Keltic

» Does anyone still game
17/6/2018, 16:06 by deathangel73

» E3 2018 Vids and posts.
12/6/2018, 08:04 by Keltic

» Sony E3 2018 Conference
12/6/2018, 07:55 by Keltic

» Unisoft E3 2018 Conference
12/6/2018, 06:13 by Keltic

» Square Enix E3 2018 Conference
11/6/2018, 21:14 by Keltic

» EA E3 2018 Conference
11/6/2018, 18:02 by Keltic

» Assassin's Creed movie
11/6/2018, 12:20 by knikki91

» Bethesda E3 2018 conference
11/6/2018, 09:59 by Keltic

» Microsoft E3 2018 conference
11/6/2018, 09:57 by Keltic

» Clan ARC June 18 Newsletter
10/6/2018, 09:05 by Keltic

» RDR2
9/6/2018, 23:43 by Chaz C

» Early impressions of VR
7/6/2018, 23:33 by Chaz C

» Black Ops 4
6/6/2018, 17:36 by X DRAGONBACK X

» Normal service will resume next week
4/6/2018, 20:17 by Keltic

» Destiny 2
1/6/2018, 22:17 by xsor

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Division

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Division

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 20/4/2016, 11:56

@ayohell wrote:
@USMCWeatherMan wrote:I'm on the hunt for a yellow SOCOM M1A....or better yet blueprints for one!

Kicking myself, I had a purple one and then got a yellow M17(I think), so I scrapped it and wished I didnt...the M17 is crap compared to M1A

Not seen blueprints for the socom M1A and I often visit all the DZ vendors... I keep messing with marksman rifles but in the DZ find the smg's easier I can take on any group of NPC's alone and fare ok against rogues with a Navy MP5 just short of 200k DPS with 3 good talents in my current build. I would love snipers to be more efficient but it's so easy zig-zagging and rolling while hip-firing an smg.

I LOVE my Navy MP5, so much so, I purchased the blueprints for a Yellow one from the vendor in Base of Operations with Phoenix Credits. I crafted one, got bad 2 of 3 bad talents. Need to grind for more mats to try another. Still rocking my purple one though that is sitting just below 100k DPS (still working on gearing my guy up), but it has an extended clip giving me 60 rounds. I can drop 2 elite NPCs no problem before needing to reload.

I usually only roll with an AR and SMG in the DZ, sniper rifle is only for NPC bad guys in DZ and for completing missions on hard and challenging in SP, they really knock the armor off with clean headshots.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 3265
XBL : AWUGOD
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 22/4/2016, 00:18

Has anyone tried the trick/hack of using a higher level char to farm high level weapons, place in stash, create low level char, obtain high level weapons from stash, sell, buy many more low level weapons, then place in stash for higher level char to break down for mats?

Seems like it would be a royal pain, but doable. I just find I am not getting enough weapons parts and tools to craft high end parts to craft high end weapons.

I got Navy MP5 plans and I want to stockpile a load of mats so I can try and roll a good one.

Any other crafters out there....whats your method of hoarding mats?
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ayohell on 22/4/2016, 10:14

I find it quicker and easier on the grind just collecting everything as you play and breaking it down for parts, I also did a lot of farming just before the patch, enough for 10 or so rolls of my mp5 and ak so I got a couple of decent builds. The odds on a perfect roll are incredibly bad so decent will do.
Not sure how much more is left in this game for me... there seems no middle ground, the daily missions on hard are too easy, I did them both solo yesterday with pistol only yet the incursions and future expansion of more incursions are only doable with 4 decent players and are a grind of levels. The DZ I enjoy but the PVP is all wrong with people who have 'exploited' the game able to kill you with one shot spoiling the experience... put me up against 2 or 3 'real' rogues and I can hold my own and maybe survive, the thrill and tension of extracting is great as long as there are no cheaters around for that damn one shot :/
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 4408
XBL : ayohell
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 22/4/2016, 12:07

@ayohell wrote:I find it quicker and easier on the grind just collecting everything as you play and breaking it down for parts, I also did a lot of farming just before the patch, enough for 10 or so rolls of my mp5 and ak so I got a couple of decent builds. The odds on a perfect roll are incredibly bad so decent will do.
Not sure how much more is left in this game for me... there seems no middle ground, the daily missions on hard are too easy, I did them both solo yesterday with pistol only yet the incursions and future expansion of more incursions are only doable with 4 decent players and are a grind of levels. The DZ I enjoy but the PVP is all wrong with people who have 'exploited' the game able to kill you with one shot spoiling the experience... put me up against 2 or 3 'real' rogues and I can hold my own and maybe survive, the thrill and tension of extracting is great as long as there are no cheaters around for that damn one shot :/

I can see how it will quickly bore...I am able to complete the daily missions solo as well (not with only a pistol though affraid).

So far I've been fortunate in the DZ but then I dont play that often, and when I do rarely venture in. The game for me still has some legs....I like the grind, looking for that "special" piece of gear. I'd play Diablo 3 over and over again during the seasons, even though it was basically the same game each time, starting from scratch a new character and putting days of game time in just to get the right set pieces and legendary gear.

They probably should look at rebalancing the whole game difficulty, it seems some things are fairly easy, while others are down right impossible without being in a group like missions on challenging (still havent tried incursions yet).
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ayohell on 22/4/2016, 14:30

Here's a quick (very quick and the sound is wonky) run-through with pistols only..

ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 23/4/2016, 00:29

Shocked
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 23/4/2016, 14:27

DZ jackassery in full effect last night. Attempted to enter DZ01 just to farm some items for crafting mats....2 twits hanging out by the entry that were DZlvl50 and rouge blasted me each time I tried to enter.

Gave up and just ran General Assembly, Russian Consulate, and Poilce Station on hard about 3 times each. Enough mats to craft a yellow MP5 that had decent stats. Does about double damage my old purple one did.

Also purchased a purple classic M1A off a vendor, modded it up. Its crazy, that thing does twice the damage as my yellow Police M17 did. I can take down purple elites in 2-3 headshots now and wipe out yellow baddies armor in 2 headshots.

I think I am ready for my first go at Incursion
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 24/4/2016, 15:49

After last night I'm not sure if I can play this anymore. I've pretty much done all the solo stuff I can aside from collecting all the intel and odds and ends like that.

DZ is unplayable, ventured in on several occasions only to be mowed down each time by roving packs of super maxed out rouges.

Tried Incursion....cant play it solo....almost impossible for me with my current gear. Tried random matchmaking and it was a horrid mess. Spent more than 15min getting booted from groups, only to finally get assigned to one and start, for us all to die early on in wave one to restart at checkpoint at which point all others dropped out.

I do the Police Station, Russian Embassy, and final mission on hard for the yellow drops from the named bosses. Sadly even the yellow drops I get from doing those are not worthwhile in improving my gear score.

Its sad, the game had potential but its almost like they've forced your hand in having to play in groups which is difficult for me given the time that I get online.

I'll probably hang this game up for a while Sad
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ayohell on 24/4/2016, 20:40

I know what you mean , much the same but have done the incursion with randoms, like you had no luck first times I tried with randoms then next day tried again and did it with a few other groups so I now have half a dozen bits of the new sets. I'll pop on and do the daily and weekly challenges and see where it goes now I think, hopefully they'll do something next patch.

Oh and I find more luck roaming DZ 3 and 4 and running back to 1 to extract when solo, better gear and easier extraction with an eye on the map for the rogue locations to keep away.
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 24/4/2016, 23:48

@ayohell wrote:I know what you mean , much the same but have done the incursion with randoms, like you had no luck first times I tried with randoms then next day tried again and did it with a few other groups so I now have half a dozen bits of the new sets. I'll pop on and do the daily and weekly challenges and see where it goes now I think, hopefully they'll do something next patch.

Oh and I find more luck roaming DZ 3 and 4 and running back to 1 to extract when solo, better gear and easier extraction with an eye on the map for the rogue locations to keep away.

Exactly what I did today, roamed DZ03-04 and ran back to my favorite extract loc in DZ01.

I did get killed by a random that happened upon my extract....I only had one purple shottie, but it struck a nerve.  I respawned, and chased that b@stard down.  Got my vengence....and my shottie back.  I also did see a yellow M1A at a safe house vendor, but the talents were garbage so I passed.  I think I will mess around more in the DZ until I lvl50 there....hopefully I can net some good gear in the process to make it a tad easier for another go at Incursion.

Any ARC'ers having this on XB1 that wouldnt mind running Incursion with me, let me know and lets try to set up a date/time to have a go.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC Fireangel on 25/4/2016, 22:56

@USMCWeatherMan wrote:
@ayohell wrote:I know what you mean , much the same but have done the incursion with randoms, like you had no luck first times I tried with randoms then next day tried again and did it with a few other groups so I now have half a dozen bits of the new sets. I'll pop on and do the daily and weekly challenges and see where it goes now I think, hopefully they'll do something next patch.

Exactly what I did today, roamed DZ03-04 and ran back to my favorite extract loc in DZ01.

I did get killed by a random that happened upon my extract....I only had one purple shottie, but it struck a nerve.  I respawned, and chased that b@stard down.  Got my vengence....and my shottie back.  I also did see a yellow M1A at a safe house vendor, but the talents were garbage so I passed.  I think I will mess around more in the DZ until I lvl50 there....hopefully I can net some good gear in the process to make it a tad easier for another go at Incursion.

Any ARC'ers having this on XB1 that wouldnt mind running Incursion with me, let me know and lets try to set up a date/time to have a go.

Kill, Lord, Angelis and me have done the incursion a few times Weatherman, if your on at the weekend I'm sure we can take you through it, you will get one Level 191 and one Level 214 piece of armour, we run it with First aid overdose, support station and Survivor link Very Happy
ARC Fireangel
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 4383
XBL : ARC Fireangel
Registration date : 2008-11-27

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 25/4/2016, 23:18

@ARC Fireangel wrote:
@USMCWeatherMan wrote:

Kill, Lord, Angelis and me have done the incursion a few times Weatherman, if your on at the weekend I'm sure we can take you through it, you will get one Level 191 and one Level 214 piece of armour, we run it with First aid overdose, support station and Survivor link Very Happy

Thanks Fire! I notice your all's gear scores are much higher than mine, hence you all tend to have to revive me more often when I party up with you all. Hopefully the sets can help bump mine up some.

I'll try to get online a little earlier than I normally do on the weekends since its like a 8 hour time diff between me and you all
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC Fireangel on 26/4/2016, 17:36

Definitely need a mike WM as communication is a must for it mate, the shotgunners have tendency to rush us in the pit and knowing when to pop the survivor link Very Happy
ARC Fireangel
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 26/4/2016, 22:37

Sad to say I got rid of my copy on PS4... Just hasn't tempted me to go back to it since the a few days before the update. Never even came close to getting put in the console, my interest in it just wained quickly.

I'm back to Destiny, and so much single player games I want to play on PS4 as well. Got through Infamous Second Son yesterday... I still have Last of Us, Omega Quintet, Knack, Dragon Quest, Rachet and Clank, Republique, and possibly Killzone to play through and then Uncharted 4 is out May 10th... So much to do on the PS4 lol
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Male Number of posts : 553
XBL : Tattastic
PSN.. : Tattastic
Registration date : 2014-05-24

http://www.tattasticgamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr-Bungle on 28/4/2016, 00:10

Almost managed to grind my way up to lvl 50 in the DZ. Managed to get a hold of my first piece of Nomad gear and picked up some decent stuff from a couple of supply drops.

Mr-Bungle
ARC 15
ARC 15

Male Number of posts : 731
XBL : Sabo DM
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Lord Farnswaller on 28/4/2016, 12:31

the level 32 AUG for 816 phoenix credits is a beast
i'm up to level 70 in the dz and have full green armour etc but you still get killed easy in the dz by butt holes.
Lord Farnswaller
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 14314
XBL : LordFarnswaller
Registration date : 2008-10-16

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 29/4/2016, 00:39

@ARC Fireangel wrote:Definitely need a mike WM as communication is a must for it mate, the shotgunners have tendency to rush us in the pit and knowing when to pop the survivor link Very Happy

Turtle Beach Force Recon 50X's are on the way! Be here tomorrow just in time for my weekend gaming sessions, hopefully I'll get on early enough to party up with you all.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 29/4/2016, 00:40

@Lord Farnswaller wrote:the level 32 AUG for 816 phoenix credits is a beast
i'm up to level 70 in the dz and have full green armour etc but you still get killed easy in the dz by butt holes.

I've heard the AUG is a beast, everyone talks about the Vector as if its the dogs danglies. I'm a fan on the Navy MP5.....extended clip nets you 60+ rounds per magazine. With the right talents its nice.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ayohell on 29/4/2016, 01:15

The AUG that Farnsey mentioned for sale is a great gun, worth the phoenix credits, you'll waste a lot of stuff trying to role a better one.
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr-Bungle on 29/4/2016, 09:53

Ran the Incursion for the first time with Lord, Kill and Fire last night, cheers for walking me through it and for dropping the various bits of kit. Very Happy
Mr-Bungle
ARC 15
ARC 15

Male Number of posts : 731
XBL : Sabo DM
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 30/4/2016, 19:27

Strangest thing happened to me last night in the DZ. I'm adventuring solo, trying to lvl up and nab some good gear. Got mowed down several times trying to extract a bunch of yellow items by rogues.

Gave up on DZ for a while and played some missions on hard, then went back for another go in the DZ. I happened to find myself overwhelmed with an NPC mob, when a random group came to assist. Expecting to get mowed down once again, but instead they invited me to their group and we ran multiple laps around the DZ taking out all the named NPC mobs.

Humanity isnt lost!
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 1/5/2016, 23:43

Thanks again LordF, Fire, and KillJoy for walking me through Falcon Lost Incursion and all the great gear. My backpack and stash were stuffed full.

Noticed I was taking some serious damage after equipping all the Set stuff, I'm assuming due to the lower armor score. Will have to keep an eye out for higher armor gear, or bonuses to armor.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ARC Fireangel on 2/5/2016, 10:41

@USMCWeatherMan wrote:Thanks again LordF, Fire, and KillJoy for walking me through Falcon Lost Incursion and all the great gear.  My backpack and stash were stuffed full.

Noticed I was taking some serious damage after equipping all the Set stuff, I'm assuming due to the lower armor score.  Will have to keep an eye out for higher armor gear, or bonuses to armor.

Yeah you want to be aiming for around 65% Armour mitigation WM, if you ever want to do it again just give us a shout Very Happy
ARC Fireangel
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by ayohell on 2/5/2016, 10:49

@USMCWeatherMan wrote:Strangest thing happened to me last night in the DZ.  I'm adventuring solo, trying to lvl up and nab some good gear.  Got mowed down several times trying to extract a bunch of yellow items by rogues.  

Gave up on DZ for a while and played some missions on hard, then went back for another go in the DZ.  I happened to find myself overwhelmed with an NPC mob, when a random group came to assist.  Expecting to get mowed down once again, but instead they invited me to their group and we ran multiple laps around the DZ taking out all the named NPC mobs.

Humanity isnt lost!

There are a few decent guys out there, first time I did the incursion was with a couple of random Germans that I teamed up with in the DZ to hunt down some rogues, once that was done they suggested trying incursion and we ran through it twice, good guys!
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 2/5/2016, 11:59

Yeah, was actually 2 nights in a row for me with meeting friendly randoms in the DZ and partying up with them. Honestly, outside of an XP boost, I'm not sure there really is any benefit of going rogue...atleast none that I can see.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next