CLAN ARC
Arc has moved to www.clan-arc.boards.net . Please join us there to continue as a member of the Arc community .
December 2018
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Moving boards
28/6/2018, 13:45 by Chaz C

» Last post wins!
25/6/2018, 11:27 by MCE 81

» You might be interested to learn....
22/6/2018, 13:24 by Keltic

» I've been thinking...
22/6/2018, 10:30 by heavytread

» Moving forward with ARC
22/6/2018, 10:26 by heavytread

» new, old toy
21/6/2018, 20:21 by AK5 81

» New board for VR gaming fans.
20/6/2018, 21:33 by TattasticGamerVR

» The future of ARC
20/6/2018, 15:20 by jazlite

» Little gaming goals you set yourself
20/6/2018, 07:45 by Keltic

» Some gaming plans
18/6/2018, 15:50 by Keltic

» Does anyone still game
17/6/2018, 16:06 by deathangel73

» E3 2018 Vids and posts.
12/6/2018, 08:04 by Keltic

» Sony E3 2018 Conference
12/6/2018, 07:55 by Keltic

» Unisoft E3 2018 Conference
12/6/2018, 06:13 by Keltic

» Square Enix E3 2018 Conference
11/6/2018, 21:14 by Keltic

» EA E3 2018 Conference
11/6/2018, 18:02 by Keltic

» Assassin's Creed movie
11/6/2018, 12:20 by knikki91

» Bethesda E3 2018 conference
11/6/2018, 09:59 by Keltic

» Microsoft E3 2018 conference
11/6/2018, 09:57 by Keltic

» Clan ARC June 18 Newsletter
10/6/2018, 09:05 by Keltic

» RDR2
9/6/2018, 23:43 by Chaz C

» Early impressions of VR
7/6/2018, 23:33 by Chaz C

» Black Ops 4
6/6/2018, 17:36 by X DRAGONBACK X

» Normal service will resume next week
4/6/2018, 20:17 by Keltic

» Destiny 2
1/6/2018, 22:17 by xsor

I forgot my password

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

The Division

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Re: The Division

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 29/1/2016, 10:10

I played about 3 hours of it last night, completed all the PvE things on offer (unless more unlock randomly, because I explored every area), and then attempted the Dark Zone to see what it was like... and still I cant decide or pass judgement on the game.

PvE side it seemed the camp was really busy with actual players, but as you leave you/your group becomes put in their own instance as I never met one other player wondering the streets. The amount of bullets needed to put down a enemy was a bit steep as the alpha reported... even when I reached level 7 and my weapons were at level 7, when coming up again enemies at level 4 it was taking 2-3 rounds of an MP5, including multiple critical hits to put them down.

With not finding anymore PvE mission, went into the Dark Zone to try that out, and although it was not that busy the lag was a bad. Also it seemed very hard to find NPC enemies to kill, it seemed like they had already been killed and take a while to respawn, so a lot of it was just running around with no action at all. The other players you bumped into seemed friendly enough, ran into a few rogue players but they were normally taken out by groups of other players. Never really had any loot drop due to finding much to do, but tried extraction with my 1 crap item I had to see how it works, and started getting shot by someone, probably thinking I had good loot... so looks like that issue from the Alpha might still be around.

But again, for the limited PvE on the beta and the pretty much action dead Dark Zone experience I had, I cant really pass proper judgement on the game.

Hopefully might get more busy over the weekend and they can fix the lag and NPC respawn times in the Dark Zone and I can actually see what it is like fully.
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Male Number of posts : 553
XBL : Tattastic
PSN.. : Tattastic
Registration date : 2014-05-24

http://www.tattasticgamer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 29/1/2016, 12:09

My sentiments are pretty much the same. I also thought the amount of bullets to put someone down was ridiculous. I thought the dark zone was exactly as you said, and what kills me is, at lvl 6 I ran into a couple lvl 8 NPCs and they swiftly put me down with only a few shots, whereas I would have needed half my ammo to do the same.

Also, never saw any explanation on how to do an extraction, I felt that there were other things that werent explained/showed well and left me wondering or guessing how to do something or what I was supposed to do.

IMO, it has a ton of potential, but does seem like kind of a hot mess. I mean the graphics engine on this thing is amazing....like really amazing! But the rest of the game does feel thrown together in some parts.

I'll play a little more this weekend before I make my final decision to keep or trash my preorder.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 3265
XBL : AWUGOD
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Back to top Go down

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 29/1/2016, 13:17

I agree the tutorial if you can call it that was very basic, and didnt really get told much about the Dark Zone. I only knew about it from the read ups I had done one the Alpha. But I thought you get extracted as well, but it only takes your gear and leave you in there to area you entered.
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 30/1/2016, 00:07

Couple more hours in, getting more of a handle on the features. Teamed up with Kandem, def feels better playing in a group (enemies sure drop faster from more bullets).

Getting better at the combat too, the only think I've played that I can compare it to is Splinter Cell.

Still havent ventured back out into the dark zone, was trying to do side quests to get gear to sell for credits to buy better gear.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 30/1/2016, 01:45

Oh yeah, and the running everywhere I can see getting old. If there is a way to fast travel, I havent found it.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 30/1/2016, 05:26

Looks like you can fast travel to your base, and the Hub...but thats it. I think I have played everything I can for this beta, I'm almost at lvl 8 regular, and lvl 7 darkzone.

Darkzone is full of a bunch of rogue twits who can easily make mince meat of me running solo. Best place in DZ to find NPC baddies is in contaminated areas.

All in all, I think I'll keep my preorder and see how the final game with all its missions/quest/side-missions takes shape.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 30/1/2016, 09:57

I didn't bother going on it again yesterday, seen it and thought done all the pve and the dark zone really didn't bother me that much, will go back to it before it ends but don't know what to do with my pre-order.

Had a look at the details of the season pass 3 expansions... Likely what they have cut back out of the game, and month gift of exclusive items for season pass holders (if weapons and armor, to me sort of the pay to win I hate)... Decisions decisions but will have to decide before its released
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 30/1/2016, 18:36

Ok, so here is a pretty decent review of what I foresee as the biggest issue with this game...the Dark Zone:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2016/01/30/diving-into-the-dread-and-despair-of-the-division-betas-dark-zone/#1e6e23586e48

Having experienced this myself, it is almost pointless trying to go at it alone int he DZ. First, any elite packs you come upon with be very difficult to eliminate yourself. Second, trying to extract any valuable loot will be next to impossible since (1) there are very few packs of elites in the DZ to kill and loot thereby making going rogue and stealing someone else's loot enticing and (2) as of right now there doesnt appear to be any real stiff penalty for going rogue.

I can see many people (including myself) not wasting too much time in the DZ because of this fact. I mean, as of now there is nothing stopping even someone in your own party (let alone a random player) from backstabbing you and taking your stuff.

One way I could see of trying to keep somewhat of a balance is to create a rogue bar. Each rogue act adds to that rogue bar. Once its full you should be tagged as a rogue agent, a bounty set on your head, and every player in the DZ alerted to your position to hunt you down. This sort of does happen already from what I've ready but I have personally not experienced it which leads me to believe it is very difficult to get to that point.

Just as there are ways to add points to your rogue meter, there should be ways to reduce your rogue meter. This could be bringing rogue agents to justice, or maybe even helping random NPC civilians in the non-DZ area.

I feel like if something is not done to address this, most will give up on this game since it appears that the DZ is supposed to be the appeal to this game for playing it for any considerable amount of time.

I know some were wanting some good feedback before making their minds up about picking this game up, so hopefully those of us who played the beta have shed some light on any concerns you might have.

I think its a great game, and might be worth it to pick up just for the SP/non-DZ portion. But the longevity/RPG portion of the DZ has some huge issues that I think need to be addressed (as mentioned above) that need to be addressed from keeping average players from saying p!ss-off at rogue tw@ts and tossing the game in the bin.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyman on 1/2/2016, 08:32

There's good news for anyone with access to The Division's current beta: Ubisoft has extended its duration until 11am tomorrow, 2nd February.
Psyman
ARC 24
ARC 24

Male Number of posts : 2971
XBL : Psyman222
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 1/2/2016, 09:21

I went back on it, went into Dark Zone, this time I think 40-50% were marked as rouge, so went and found some NPC's and then got a random just shotgun me for no reason while I was in cover, I had no loot at all. So I lasted about 10 mins and turned it off, think I'll be cancelling my pre-order.

Really doesn't seem like it will be a game that will get a lot of my attention, when the end game content can be made or ruined by being PvP.
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 1/2/2016, 13:26

Tattastic wrote:I went back on it, went into Dark Zone, this time I think 40-50% were marked as rouge, so went and found some NPC's and then got a random just shotgun me for no reason while I was in cover, I had no loot at all. So I lasted about 10 mins and turned it off, think I'll be cancelling my pre-order.

Really doesn't seem like it will be a game that will get a lot of my attention, when the end game content can be made or ruined by being PvP.

This was kind of exactly my sentiment....they have a pretty big issue on their hands with how the "rogue" aspect of the DZ is handled. Currently there is ZERO/ZILTCH penalty for going rogue, which will mean that all the little Timmy Tango tw@ts with nothing better to do with their time will make PvP unbearable.

They NEED to make going rogue a decision that has some consequences in order to make people really think is it worth it. That should atleast cut down on the amount of people who just run around and shoot you in the face.

I'll still be keeping my preorder just to play the SP. If DZ is still a hot mess I can always trade-in towards Homefront 2.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 1/2/2016, 14:04

@USMCWeatherMan I have signed up on the Homefront Site and hopefully will get the BETA for that. I was so excited for the first one and it was such a let down, but would love to see what Deep Silver have done with it.
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 1/2/2016, 16:42

Tattastic wrote:@USMCWeatherMan I have signed up on the Homefront Site and hopefully will get the BETA for that. I was so excited for the first one and it was such a let down, but would love to see what Deep Silver have done with it.

Yeah first one was a big let down, but here's to high hopes for the second!
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 2/2/2016, 10:49

I understand that the PvE will only have 10 story missions, then side missions (in the elk of bounties from Destiny).

Definitely glad I canned my pre-order, will just stick to Destiny.
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Back to top Go down

Post by TattasticGamerVR on 4/2/2016, 10:25

My source for the amount of missions seemed to be incorrect, I read the interview they took the information from and they said over 10 missions.

To me that suggests the missions will be in between 10-20 missions, although they did not stipulate anymore than over 10. Still not enough to make me consider replacing my pre-order the DZ end game has still put me off.
TattasticGamerVR
ARC 13
ARC 13

Back to top Go down

Post by DAVIDB67 on 4/2/2016, 12:28

I liked what I played,was hoping for a decent amount of content
DAVIDB67
ARC 9
ARC 9

Male Number of posts : 231
XBL : DAVIDB67
PSN.. : xDrStrangeGlove
Registration date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 4/2/2016, 12:41

@DAVIDB67 wrote:I liked what I played,was hoping for a decent amount of content

I think they are doing another beta this month...possibly adding some more content. I also liked what I played of it, torn on the DZ though. Could be irritating, or fun. I suspect more fun partied up with some fellow ARC'ers.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by locknloadeire on 4/2/2016, 12:54

So, it's looking good only for the (lack of) content?
locknloadeire
ARC 10
ARC 10

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by DAVIDB67 on 4/2/2016, 16:46

Can't judge to harshly as it was only a beta,took me a couple of hours to really start getting into it,then found I was loving it,Had some brilliant Fun in DZ,just a little light on things to do and kill,I'm guessing they're keeping plenty back,hoping anyway,if next open beta is good,it'll be a must buy for me
DAVIDB67
ARC 9
ARC 9

Male Number of posts : 231
XBL : DAVIDB67
PSN.. : xDrStrangeGlove
Registration date : 2014-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by wezbloke on 4/2/2016, 18:18

Hear 50/50 things about this every day............... Still gonna buy it though. Thinking I'll go PC at first, IF they fix all the glitches and cheats. Are any of my PC brethren getting it??
wezbloke
ARC staff
ARC staff

Male Number of posts : 1406
XBL : wezbloke
PSN.. : wezbloke
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Psyman on 5/2/2016, 07:52

Psyman
ARC 24
ARC 24

Male Number of posts : 2971
XBL : Psyman222
Registration date : 2011-03-09

Back to top Go down

Post by ayohell on 22/2/2016, 14:42

So did anyone play the open beta over the weekend?

I got about 12 hours in about half on my own looking around doing some missions and shooting dogs and rats, just because! played with a friend that night and ventured into the darkzone finding only one rogue but mainly friendly people helping to get stuff out and even join our group! second night played in a group of 4 all  decent fps players and found each attempt to get the four of us into the darkzone as a group left one in another instance :/ we also found 2 rogues, lasting over an hour, glitching away with us and about 15-20 others failing to bring them down! they could just rush us and kill us all, not a great experience but the rest of the time in there was great, a few, maybe because it was the last night and nothing to loose going rogue for the hell of it. overall I was very impressed with the beta, I play a lot of betas and this was the best in a long while, even as a console port getting only 60fps.
A definite purchase for me!
ayohell
ARC Post Whore
ARC Post Whore

Male Number of posts : 4408
XBL : ayohell
Registration date : 2009-07-28

Back to top Go down

Post by USMCWeatherMan on 22/2/2016, 23:08

I didnt play the open beta, only the closed beta a few weeks ago and it sealed the deal for me to keep my preorder. Was even more so convinced on keeping this in my preorder lineup after having a go at the pile of rubbish known as Homefront 2.
USMCWeatherMan
ARC staff
ARC staff

Back to top Go down

Post by Mr-Bungle on 23/2/2016, 00:18

Played a fair bit of the beta at the weekend and I really enjoyed it. I like the cover based combat and the skills/perks look like there will be some interesting combinations. I was on the fence about this but think I'm leaning more towards getting it now.

The only problem is that Dark Souls 3 is on the horizon, These two games could take up an obscene amount of my time. Very Happy
Mr-Bungle
ARC 15
ARC 15

Male Number of posts : 731
XBL : Sabo DM
Registration date : 2010-06-08

Back to top Go down

Post by locknloadeire on 23/2/2016, 11:59

Lol Ayo, I was the same, you never know when a dog will go rabid and attack your ass, so shoot first....just in case 1 I will be picking this up on PC
locknloadeire
ARC 10
ARC 10

Male Number of posts : 270
Registration date : 2013-12-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum: